1.28.2011

Planes, Trains & Tattoos

"If you're going to San Francisco be sure to wear some flowers in your hair."

It looks as if my good friend Blaes may not be able to make the marathon trip with me. If she does she will not be able to make it until late Saturday night. So I was set to venture to the wild, wild, west all on my own when I realized that this was the perfect trip for my mom and I to take together.

Ma and I have never been on a trip with just the two of us. While my marathon is in Monterey I am flying into San Fran and spending the first night in a hostel a block or two up from fisherman's warf. Then we are going to take a train Saturday morning to Monterey, pick up my race packet and explore the city.. which will have to include a trip to Cannery Row and the John Steinbeck museum! That may make me a dork, but he's my favorite and it is his home town! Hostel stay on Saturday night. Race starts at 6:30 Sunday morning so that we can see the sunrise on the coast as we run. I sure as heck better be done by 12:30!! Later that night (after a large, carb loaded meal) we are taking a train back to San Francisco and spending the night. Our plane leaves Monday night at 10:50. Which means we have an entire day in San Francisco to explore.. and we have a list of must dos (including finally getting that tattoo that's been on my list forever) and must sees! To say that I am excited.. would be a vast understatement. I am stoked.

A long 3 day weekend in California.. with my mom, marking things off on my to do list that I never thought I would actually accomplish, and all while only using 1 vacation day, nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment