1.19.2011

Snickers and Mystery Fruit

So yesterday I added up how many miles I have to run to train for my marathon... 432. I never should have done that. That being said, this is no longer a training blog. I mean how boring could the next 100 days be if it's strictly about running. So, it's again a random plethora of thoughts with a bit of training mixed in.

Today's random rant has to do with my present circumstances, Lunch. See, isn't this more exciting!? For real though, Jason and I stopped drinking soda about 2 months ago. We drink lots of juice (Dole's Pineapple Orang Mango ROCKS!), a bit of lemonade, and mostly water. I no longer drink carbonated beverages at all. It's a good change. I like it.

After 5 months of cubicle dwelling I have also started to monitor my food in take. I am surrounded by women who feel the need to shove chocolate, cookies, and cakes down my throat. No more. I snack on fruit. Current obsession: Cherries. Those who know me well will know I do not like cherries... so I thought. I do not like cheap, little fake, unnaturally red cherries. I do like real, stemmed, seed in the middle cherries. I am also currently eating some kind of fruit, mystery fruit as Cait likes to call it, it's basically like a peach without fuzz. Anyone have any insight?! I'd like to get it again. And finally HUMMUS! Sun dried tomato hummus. How awesome is that? Go Publix! As for meals I have smoothie for breakfast, wraps for lunch with excellent homemade Greek salads. And dinner is whatever that handsome man I live with wants! But now burgers are made of turkey.. Ha.

I refuse to run my butt off and then regain all of the calories in a candy bar. I'm not running to lose weight, but it makes you think. I ran 3 miles last night and burned 341 calories. To lose 1 lb you have to burn 3500 more calories than you eat. That's insane. To gain a lb you have to eat a snickers and then sit in a cubicle for 2 hours. Trust me, I've studied it.

If you made it to the end of this post I'm impressed. Next one will be shorter and maybe it really won't have anything about running in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment