2.02.2011

Like A Wavin' Flag

It's February 2nd. It's 74. I can smell the ocean. And the sky is blue... like the walls of my cubicle.

I am feeling more than a little anxious. In college on a day like today I would have walked to class with good intentions and quickly found myself barefoot in the ampitheater with a book that was in no way related to my class.

My feet, currently in Jason's socks... because Peyton has eaten the few pair of dress socks I own, are itching to get out of these cowboy boots and run as fast as they can from this cubicle.

In exactly one hour I am going to escape, take off these shoes and socks, roll down the windows and drive straight home. Change into my holey jeans, and favorite old mission playground tshirt, let Peyton out, and head barefoot to the backyard to work on my current frame, oh and of course chuck some wood ;) to the tune of Mr. Marley and K'naan. Cause it's just one of those days, and I've earned it.

No comments:

Post a Comment