1.11.2011

BSIM

109 days til 26.2. Bib #4243. Airline Ticket, booked. Hostel, reserved.

Before I write all about training I wanted to share some about the race I'm training for.

Big Sur International Marathon runs from Big Sur to Monterey Bay, CA.

It starts in the Red Wood Forest and runs the Pacific Coast Hwy.

At mile 13 is Hurricane Point. An infamous 2 mile climb just before Bixby Bridge.
















I've read that as you cross the bridge you can hear seals barking on the beach and dolphins/whales are often spotted in the water.

I choose Big Sur because its a race with character. They have a pianist on the bridge, drummers at mile 15, and local children handing out fresh strawberries from one of the fields you pass at mile 20.

I'm trying to ignore the fact that I will hate myself by mile 20.

Worst case scenario I'll just run over the bridge and roll myself down that huge hill into the Pacific.




No comments:

Post a Comment