1.18.2011

Saturday in Pooler was 60 and awesome. I got to enjoy a long, Peyton free (thanks Babe!), 6 mile run. It was one of those days when running doesn't hurt and you could go all day. I can only pray that this is the kind of day I will have on May 1st. Then came Monday... it was raining, and cold (by Pooler standards). So I wound up on the treadmill last night at 8. I ran 2.5 miles of hard, fast paced, interval hills. In short I wanted to cry! It is the type of day I can only pray I don't have on May 1st! I also learned that the no music rule cannot apply to treadmill runs. It is these runs that people have and then hate to run. The sound of my own breathing coupled with that awful whirring of the treadmill was enough to make me want to throw myself off the back of it. Seriously.

So I brought the trusty ipod and struggled til the end. I did try to listen to positive music and ended up with NEEDTOBREATHE, ironically enough since that was exactly what I needed to do. I got stuck on Won't Turn Back, "Faithful like a soldier whose answer to the call, even when his back's against the wall. So tell me why I should run for cover at the sound of the coming thunder. All I hear is the cry of my lover, so take your shot. I won't turn back."

Running hurt yesterday. It was not fun. But alas, Time Marches On.. hey back Andie!! =)!! Today is a new day, and it will be good.


PS Won't Turn Back isn't on youtube, so you should listen to this equally awesome NTB song!


No comments:

Post a Comment