2.18.2011

The Good Life

This has been a long week. Sales did not come easy. Sleep did not visit often. The house was not cleaned. The laundry was washed, but not folded. The runs were painful. (Ha, that's a funny sentence!) And it feels as if Jason and I only met in passing. It was one of those weeks that found us in bed at 9 with Peyton and Jason snoring, and me wishing I could go to sleep before mamaw would go to bed. Life came at us this week hard and fast. We tried to slow its pace, but it was out of our control.

Last night we caught our breath a bit, our friend Sam cooked us dinner and had us over to her place. It was the 1st time someone else has cooked for us since we moved here. After dinner we sat and talked for two and a half hours. It was a simple night, and it was just what we needed.

God put us here. For a purpose bigger than us. He blessed us with jobs and a house and a dog. And last night I realized he had blessed us with a friend. A true and true, be open and honest, share life with - friend.

I am 24 years old. I am married to my best friend. I serve a God who I am unworthy to worship and He is teaching and molding my heart everyday.

Today its 78. I get off work at 2. I'm going to go home, get my freaking awesome dog, and run. And when my husband gets home and hugs me and the weekend starts, the world is on pause and we're going to revel in the life that God is blessing us with.

....Hopelessly, I am taking a mental picture of you now, cause hopelessly the hope is we have so much to feel good about. This has gotta be the good life, this could really be the good life, good, good life....


1 comment:

  1. Love this post! Life is good, when we remember what we're working with!

    ReplyDelete