2.10.2011

Daring Doubt.



Its cold. My bed is warm.
Its 6am. My running partner is snoring.
Its February. No one in their right mind is outside.
Much less outside.. RUNNING.

My body has started to fatigue and my stomach is rejecting anything unhealthy.
Seriously, its like the more I run the more my stomach hates my eating habits.
I am 24 and I have running related heartburn.
Worse than the heartburn is the doubt.
Increasing with each foot pound on concrete.

A year ago I would have welcomed the presence of doubt.
Welcomed it, and joined it on the sideline. Not anymore.
The doubt can join my run if it so chooses.
But I don't think doubt has the character or tenacity to finish.
I think that somewhere along the road the pain
in my legs, lungs, and heart is going to force the doubt out.
One step, one breath, one mile at a time.
Doubt has no place here.
Not on my road.
Not in my race.

"All your life you are told the things that you cannot do. All your ilfe they will say you're not good enough or strong enough or talented enough, they'll say you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or be this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no until all the no's become meaningless. All your life they will tell you no, quite firmly and very quickly. They will tell you no. And YOU WILL TELL THEM YES."


No comments:

Post a Comment