12.14.2010

Today is Jason's birthday. Which makes him as old as me again (kind of).

One of my favorite things about the first year of marriage.. that I can talk about on a public blog... ha.. is that every birthday, holiday, anniversary is the first married one you get to celebrate together!

It's our 1st married birthday... but the 12th birthday we've celebrated. From the 12th birthday party at the rec center in Tellico, where we played basketball and flirted and threw cake in his face, the 14th birthday where we kissed over moving boxes and pizza.. and accidentally in front of Nancy, those high school birthdays where I sat back and pined from a distance, and the 18th birthday where I gave him the birthday letter that Andie read at our rehearsal dinner. College birthdays where we ate Rotel and watched movies in his dorm. To the glorious birthdays of our first year of dating, first year of being engaged, and first weekend in Pooler house hunting. But my favorite birthday so far is the birthday I got to wake up next to the man I've loved since he was a boy.

First birthday where I watched him brush his teeth, and shave his face. First birthday where I cook him dinner and birthday strawberry shortcake. First birthday where I get him to myself and we celebrate properly!

To my freakin' awesome husband, Happy Birthday! I loved growing up with you and I am going to love growing old with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment