3.14.2011

spring.

With her foot on the threshold she waited a moment longer in a scene which was vanishing even as she looked, and then, as she moved and left the room, it changed, it shaped itself differently; it had become, she knew, giving one last look at it over her shoulder, already the past. - Virginia Woolf

Transcending moments. I am a student of them. Moments when my heart cannot contain its level of contentment. Time pauses. My breath catches. Afraid to breathe, afraid if I do the ripples of my breath will interrupt the grip that heaven has on my heart in an earthly moment.

Yesterday afternoon in our backyard the perfect orange evening sunlight was dancing through the fence panels. You could literally smell spring. Peyton was running and playing. And there was Jason. My Jason. Just smiling at me.

My whole world. Content. Full.

Then it went away.

I could breathe, and I could move.. to go and hug my Jason.

These are the moments I thank God that I'm alive.

And I'm not sad to see them pass because these days those moments come often.

They become more and more full.

One day they'll have babies
Running barefeet and laughter.

And always my Jason.





No comments:

Post a Comment